Monday, December 24, 2007

Another Holy Day


What a great comic. You can read it daily here.

Though it's Christmas Eve, I've jumped the gun on my syllabus for next semester. It's gonna be hot. I blame the books I'm assigning (which I'll tell you about later).

I'm going to the office soon.

I'm sort of mentally skipping out on Christmas this year, what with the family being all spread out this year. The prospect of having to go to MLA has got to mess with a lot of people's holiday plans. Now, I'm not going, but gathering my strength for San Diego. In a week I'll be in the air when the ball drops in 4 time zones, but I'll land just a little less than an hour before midnight PST. Isn't time-travel fun?

If I don't catch you, Merry Christmas.

A poem for you, by Srikanth Reddy's Facts for Visitors.

Sundial

In the hanging gardens of sleep,
they dismantle my sleep

singing from cages at daybreak.
So I entered the gardens of care,

where a boy carved in stone
kept watch on a broken stone

sundial. Care told me his story.
Had it ended sooner,

it all could have ended.
I'd have forgiven you

turning to stone without me.
When I blink, I see the blank

I carry inside me no matter
how long I keep watch.


Meanwhile,
"amok" they say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts