Monday, August 6, 2007

Melting

The heat is obscene. Vilde even. Thankfully it stayed in the 80s just long enough for me to complete the requirements for my motorcycle license. So seriously, Vespa w/sidecar. Help me out.

Davenport's been spending a whole lot of time with my manuscript, and that's great. For the most part it's been constructive and positive but there's one poem that he "hates more than everything." Furthermore, if anyone likes that poem, he vows to hate them too--and I ain't tellin' which one it is.

An unusual amount of people have been talking about the local food coop, so I checked it out today, and it ain't bad. Way cheaper than the local health food store, and directly on my way home from the English Building. They got this coffee that I've been eying, so I got a 1/2 lb. to percolate. I mostly like my cup o' mud black, no milk, no sugar, no politics, but Fair Trade seems like the right thing to do. And it's not ok to skimp on the coffee--unless you're a truck stop or a roach coach. From those heros, I expect only the dregs and am never disappointed.

Time to return to the hammock, reading Desolation Angels between naps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts