Thursday, November 15, 2007

Indy and Back

Gave Lil a lift to Indy yesterday, where Matt (coming along for the ride) and I decided that we needed to eat.  Exit 66 on the 74 in Indiana is a small oasis of fast food not found in Champaign-Urbana.  Not that I like fast food, but I feel better with options around.  

Fact: I have not eaten these little burgers (the ancestors of the now-hip "slider" popping up on menus all over) probably since High School.  Actually, I believe it was the spring of 1997 in the passenger side of a guy named Lou's Monte Carlo; I remember this event because I tossed a bit of the belly-bomber out the passenger window, and a sparrow refused it.  Or ate it and exploded 8 seconds later.  The memory gets sort of fuzzy.  Note the tiny burgers juxtaposed next to that "small" shake:


This was not all it was cracked up to be.  I will wait another 10 years.  However, I like photos of food, even if it's sort of gross.  In it's defense, I was not hungry for the rest of the day--but those fries weren't mind. Just the little boxes.  And the shake.

Meanwhile, I got my Happy Mediums yesterday.  Big Game is awesome--and I'm not just saying that because my work is to come in the tinyside series.  

In mechanical news, the auction on the cb750K tank, star of last week's fiasco, ends today.  In a perfect world, I get some decent scratch to buy a tank I can actually use.  In a perfect world, there's not anywhere I have to go, any commerce, and no winter...well.

If you're in Chicago (some of you've got to be), here's your plan for tonight:
Says Guth:
"The Fixx Reading for this month has been thoughtfully moved forward as to not get lost in the shuffle. So, that means that you can get your lit fixx this Thursday, November 15th @ 7:30pm with this month's guests: John Sheppard author of Small Town Punk and Renee Rosen author of Every Crooked Pot


The Fixx Coffee Bar
3053 N Sheffield Ave.
Chicago, IL


Please note that due to various winter holidays, there will be no reading in December but a stunningly awesome January event, to be sure."

Yup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts