Monday, November 26, 2007

And, We're Back

First, there's a new journal: Pistola.  Two poems by Diana Delgado. Two by Alex Lemon.  A lot more great stuff.


Today we're going to talk about food.  More specifically, how when I buy large amounts of meat, I kinda wanna cook it all at once, then eat it over the next few days.  Yesterday was the first time I've ever been to the store and not found a giant brisket on the shelves of meat.  But I did find 2.46 pounds of chicken cutlets.
So I browned them in olive oil:

Put 'em in the crockpot with what was left in a jar of sauce, a can of crushed tomatoes, can of paste, and some very finely chopped up garlic:

Load on to bread with cheese already in it.  Put the bread in the oven for a couple of minutes to give it a little toast, melt some cheese.  Open, and drink, a good bottle of Spanish wine:


Best part is that the one I make tomorrow will be after the sauce has cooled and thickened.  You can come over for dinner if you'd like.  I have enough.

Sandwich not doing it for you?  Check out this neat bit of cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts