Sunday, July 8, 2007

A Few Bits To Chew With Your Sunday Brunch, Wash Down With Mimosa

My apartment has plunged into a state of compressed disarray, as I've made space for my last roommate's late-coming sublet. So I share my living space with someone for the next 3 weeks before returning to quiet seclusion of living alone. On the bright side, with someone else in the "common spaces," I'll be in my room more, and so will be writing more...maybe I'll actually spend a little time just sitting outside--but there's a squirrel who's been chewing through my neighbor's screen door (I saw him make the third hole yesterday). Crazy squirrel.

Speaking of writing, I'm taking an epigraph for a poem from a Davenport sonnet. Thumbing through, there are a whole bunch of lines that are screaming to be italicized between titles and stanzas....Uncontainable Noise, if you don't know. At some point, he traded his hair for a whole lotta grit.

I've lost my copy of Janice Harrington's Even The Hollow My Body Made Is Gone, and I'm not happy about it. Probably lent it to some deviant around this joint....

Thanks you Shanna, for this and more.

I was just reading M-A-C-N-O-L-I-A this morning, and A. Van Jordan has a poem up on Poetry Daily. Check it out.

And, by the by, I've been relentlessly listening to Bowie's Hunky Dory. One of those albums that puts a special cut in the ol' strut on the way to campus. Totally worth stealing from one of your cool friends who has this album in their collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts