Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Change Over

As the old moderately pretentious notebook reached it's last page, I crack the binding of a new one.


I didn't always use these; got a whole bunch of steno pads and stuff, but a wonderful (and long gone) woman gave me the first one as a going-away gift (I came back, but you know how it goes). I started using it in 3/03. And now I'm stuck with the small moleskines, you see, because shortly there after a friend of mine sold me 9 of them for $1.52 from the art store where employed. I just finished the first one, here in 7/07. I might possibly have a life time of these things over here. Not that I'm complaining. They fit in the majority of my pockets, are fairly durable, but not so small that they're easy to loose.

I don't know how I feel about taking 4 years and 4 months to finish through one, but looking through it, I can see times where my process has changed: sometimes started with pen, other times typewriter (I have 10 of them at the moment, including the one promised to Amy). Some people go straight to the computer, but I haven't been able to really do that too well yet. But we'll see how it goes.

Where do you start? Paper? Smith-Corona? Macbook? Grease Pens in the shower? A recorder while driving? How does it get out?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts