Friday, May 4, 2007

A List-ful Morning

Mary tagged me, and--apparently--there's no turning back.

Say someone asked me, "I kind of like poetry, but I don't know anything about contemporary poetry. Who should I read?"

No blog friends
No real-life friends
No real-life mentors
Alive as of this writing

I'd say, in no particular order:

1.Dunya Mikail
2. Nicanor Parra
3. Craig Arnold
4. Adam Zagajewski
5. Tony Hoagland
6. Stefi Weisburd
7. Louis Jenkins
8. Russell Edson
9. Franz Wright
10. Alice Fulton
11. Stephen Dobyns
12. Patricia Smith
13. Nick Flynn

I read a whole bunch of dead people. I'm not sorry...just sayin'.
NOW! doing this has kept me from making coffee. I'm gonna go get on that. Then I'm going to look at an Red 1975 MGB in town with a friend. I hope she decides to get it, so I can have another MG to fix!

List in my head of things to take a closer look at:
Lines on the body
Inside panels.
Floors under the carpet
Floors behind seats (to make sure they're not rotted and the leafsprings aren't gonna shoot through)
Dog Legs (cars have these)
Rocker Panels
Under-dash electrical
Spot on the garage floor under where the car's been sitting.

I'll remember other things after coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts