Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back from Ann Arbor

I spent my weekend driving this:


2007 Mustang with less than 5,000 miles on it and a boomin' Sirius sound system. I don't know how long it'll be before I can look my MG in the eye again. I feel like I've cheated. I also can't believe how exhausting it is to drive at an average speed of 94 miles per hour. I had half a mind to drive back to Illinois from Michigan via Canada, but forgot my passport.

I'm sore...spent. It was magical, even though I didn't hear "Don't Stop Believing" at all, my favorite song to drive to. And, not kidding at all, there is a town off the 94 in Michigan called Climax. Just enjoy the puns. The Ann Arbor Book Festival was good to us. Dig Russ:

He's happily showing you the cover of the latest Ninth Letter. Have you picked it up yet?
We loved the town, saw some friends (like RHINO's Mary), and made some new friends (Ms. Ellen & Matt Bell). Always a good time chilling with Aaron, the genius behind "the Burch" (whiskey & Diet Mt. Dew).

It's going to take me a hot minute to get over the Mustang experience (I had to give it back to the rental place earlier this evening). Thanks in advance for your support in this difficult time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts