Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Psudo-busy Morning

A few things off the bat:

*I've put the engine hoist up on craigslist. Done. Now someone's just gotta buy it.

*Nin Andrews has a poems up on Verse Daily.

*Guth's updated her website. Go lookie.

*Barn Own Review is in from the printer. Get one at AWP; I'll see you there!

Maybe it's not so busy....
In the spirit of Guth's occasional list, I'm going to share with you some of the keyword searches that have brought people over here:

"cats everywhere"
"deutsch plug"
"pressure cooking ribs"
"big chill nonsense"
"funky la sapian"
"i love you dirty"
"lighthouse kitchen"
"smell of october"

Yup.

It's Lord Byron's birthday:


I kinda love this smug bastard. Got a lot of poems I really want to share. But I'm gonna give you the fragment they found on the back of the manuscript of Canto I. Here:

I would to heaven that I were so much clay,
As I am blood, bone, marrow, passion, feeling--
Because at least the past were pass'd away--
And for the future--(but I write this reeling,
Having got drunk exceedingly to-day,
So that I seem to stand upon the ceiling)
I say--the future is a serious matter--
And so--for God's sake--hock and soda-water!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts