Monday, December 1, 2008

What Doesn't She Do?

Regarding the hardest working writer I know, this just in:


Amazing writer, gracious host, go-to blogger, and festival finder, Amy Guth is now also Managing Editor of So New.  I really liked this press before, and I'm super stoked she's driving that ship.  Send her your love, and enjoy the books from these fine folks.

The press release from the Publisher-at-large James Stegall is below.

Hey everybody,

I wanted to send out a quick announcement to let you know that Amy Guth is going to be taking on much of the effort at So New as Managing Editor. She is literally saving the press, as I've had to scale back much of my involvement due to work and personal demands. 

Amy has a ton of great ideas about the future of the press, lots of enthusiasm for the existing catalog, and just the right mix of professionalism, social-savvy and creativity. If I could have hugged her through the phone, it would have happened.

I'll still be on board as the publisher, and there is room for other volunteers if you've got some time. We're broke, just like everybody else, but still devoted to figuring out how to publish books and hold readings during these challenging times.

You can reach Amy at amy@sonewpublishing.com if you'd like to send a word of support, which would be awesome.

Thanks again for all your support in keeping the dream alive.

James

-- 
James Stegall
Publisher @ So New http://sonewpublishing.com
541.554.8808

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts